Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Sunburn of the Season

Last night Ben asked me if I had any plans today. I said no. (anything to get out of cleaning the house) Well he said how does a Bike ride sound. I of course was a little hesitant at first (just because I haven't been riding that long.) but said Sure! He called his Dad (Brent) and his brother Jake and got them on board. We all meet at Ben's dad house and off we went! He headed to Legacy Parkway to Ogden, then up Weber Canyon to Morgan. Where we stopped for some yummy subway for lunch. Then we wrapped around East Canyon Reservoir down into Henifer. Then back to Salt Lake through Park City. I don't know what little gas station we stopped at but it started to RAIN!!! I was not to pleased by this. First, I have not been riding that long at all so it was the last thing that I wanted to deal with. Second, We were not prepared to be in the rain. But I know that my prayers were being answered because no sooner did we get back on the bikes to endure the rain...but it STOPPED! It was certainly an answer to my prayers. We arrived safely back home. The more I ride, the more i fall in love with it. So I am excited that we went riding today even if I was a bit nervous from time to time.

Now to the title of the post...First Sunburn of the Season. After we got done riding today, we hung out with Ben's parents for a little bit before making our way home. Once we got home we got all cleaned up and went and got something for dinner. As we were waiting in line at Carl's Junior, I looked down at my arm and noticed that I had been sunburned. I was thinking, how could this be I was wearing a leather coat and gloves. But it happened I was still sunburned. And it is a pretty bad one, for being the first one.



I couldn't believe it when I finally saw it!!! I started laughing pretty hard. I looked at Ben and told him I would be bloggin' about this. It was funny. Being fully geared up from head to toe, I manage to get a little tiny sunburn between my glove and my coat sleeve. And it is only on one wrist. To bad i don't have another matching wrist, I guess my left wrist needed some time to its self!!!

1 comment:

Josie said...

That sounds so fun!! If I lived anywhere in Utah, I would pick Morgan. I love that tiny town. My aunt and uncle live there.